CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 16

Welcome to Frugal Fridays week #11

Now that were in the middle of summer and its getting pretty hot outside I don't mind going into my air conditioned scraproom and spending a few hours to cool off. So I've been making some of my own embellishments with old books, maps and misc scraps I have. I  grab some round, scalloped and floral punches and/or I use my Gypsy ( I just love my Gypsy) and start punching away on those pages from the old books or maps, old dictionaries work well. After I have punched out several shapes, you can either ink, chalk or spray the shapes and then layer them to make your own flowers and attached with button, brads or eyelets. With my Gypsy I make a template of the shapes in different sizes and save so when I need some flowers on a certain designer paper I just upload my template and cut away. As far as old maps, which no one ever uses them anymore, now that they have GPS, they work great for your travel/vacation layouts for your background papers or more details on your vacation spot if you have collected them for souveniers.
Here in the above picture I have used several punches /and my Gypsy to cut the petals from designer papers and plain white cardstock and used glimmer mists to achieve the colors that I wanted all attached with a brad which I heat embossed to get the shiny colors I wanted also. I just cut out of green scrap paper some leaf shapes and doodled with black marker and attached to the flowers.
In this photo I used several floral punches in all sizes and punched from an old book and then I chalked them several colors and then layered  4-5 of them and attached with heart brads, I have sometimes just left them the flowers black and white and they really look nice also. Well enjoy the summer and take some time to make your own embellishments.

No comments:

Post a Comment