CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 10

Michigan

I just love taking outdoor pictures of my kids especially at Presque Isle in Marquette, Michigan with the birch trees and Lake Superior. So here is another layout of the beautiful outdoors of my 2 sons back in 2001. I am applying this layout towards 2 challenges this week, one at FCCB#17-creepy crawlers/bugs and the color orange, and the other challenge is the sketch from Sketchy Thursday which really worked out great for these 2 photos. I spent about an hour figuring out papers which are  all different brands and inked the edges on all in coffee bean. I used a chipboard letter M and cut the rest of the letters from my Cricut using Lyrical Letters. I attached a chipboard tag that I made with 2 different ribbons in brown polka dot and a green stripes and another chipboard tag that says "tradition".
 I used several cartridges for the dragonflies Lyrical Letters, Doodlecharms and Gypsy Wanderings which I layered them added rhinestones (blue, green and white) and  Stickles copper glitter to each.
I pulled the rusty or orange color out in the matted photos and background and in the tag. I also found some light orange paper to journal on with a fine black marker and inked that up a bit to match the rest of the layout. Oh yeah I cut out the outline of Michigan from 50 States cartridge and attached to the letter M. I'm really happy how this paged turned out this will be added to my son's Eric's scrapbook..but I have another page to do for the other son...wish I could just copy this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment