CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 30

Welcome to Frugal Friday #13

     Its all about CHIPBOARD this week- and I have lots of it. My aunt who use to work in a bank saved me all kinds of chipboard years ago and she thought I would be able to do something with it someday. Well she was right and I'm glad she didn't just throw it away. So you might check with your local bank, or even school (which I have the school where I work) save this thicker cardstock board for me, now. Because all they do with it is throw it away after they open the packages or rems of paper. I also found some thicker chipboard already cut into circles at a garage sale, a whole bag of it for $1.00-what a find that was.
With all this chipboard I can make my own mini albums at any time, any size and any shape. I have used my Cricut Expression for more detail cuts or a pair of scissors will cut basic shapes pretty easily. Add some paper and embellishments- and there you go a nice mini album- it's a perfect gift for any occasion. I have some chipboard patterns in shapes, words or Letters, so I dont have to keep refiguring them when I want to make one. Once you get the mini album done you can add jump rings, ribbon or lace to tie them together, or use a binding machine if you have one. That is the next tool I have on my wish list.
 As I said earlier I can make a mini album at any time -so last night I made this cute little book for the CHA in Chicago,( I live only 30 minutes away) that I will be going to this weekend...its a little mini album for all my new scrapbooking friends to leave me there names and addresses, so we can keep in touch.  There are about 70 or more of us meeting afterwards Friday night to meet and greet over at Giordano's Pizza, I can't wait to see all the new fun things coming out in the scrapbooking world. My pocket book will be feeling this also..lol  Don't forget to leave a comment on my Frugal Fridays for an entry in for my Blog Candy giveaway on August 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment