CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 1

All American BOY

I'm  packed and all ready to go on my 4th of July weekend trip to Upper Michigan and I have a few hours to spare before we leave so I hurried downstairs to do one more layout for some challenges this week. And it just so happens the challenges over at Pink Elephant is a sketch and color theme of red, white and blue, and over at FCCB #16 it is the Theme -4th of July and to have a star on your project, and Frosted Design's challenge is Stars & Stripes with red white and blue...Wow 3 challenges with 1 layout.. So this photo of my son taken in 2001 in upper Michigan at the Ishpeming parade was perfect for them all. I used white cardstock inked with brown all over and the edges, red and blue cardstock for all the other papers used. I cut the large red star from Accent Essentials cartridge, small blue and red stars from Doodlecharms ,blue star border from Doodlecharms- welded, and the title in blue "All American Boy" from Jasmine cartridge also welded and used  my Gypsy to lay this all out. I used several buttons tied with silver thread. Added a wide red, white and blue silver ribbon to center of page with 4 silver buttons attached. I made my own 2 journal tags from stars and cut it to look like fringe, used white gel pen,  added Stickles glitter to stars and title. I did this is a bit of a rush, but really liked how it turned out. So now I'm ready to go celebrate with family and friends the 4th of July. Hope you too have a safe and Happy 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment