CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 11

Welcome to Frugal Fridays week #6


Hello  and welcome back to Frugal Fridays...now that summer is almost here and schools out, we are probably spending more time outside enjoying the weather and many activities. Well one activity that I like to do on Thursdays and Fridays early in the morning is hitting a few Garage Sales...".this car breaks at all Garage sales" is the bumper sticker I need for my van. I look in my local papers for sales that might interest me and in my area on Wednesday, and highlight them. There are many items that I look for at sales that might save me some money for my scrapbooking habit. I like to be organized so shelving and storage items are great finds and usually much cheaper than buying new pieces, and sometimes only need a little touch up paint or a good cleaning. I found these black shelves last week for $5.00 each and now I store all of my paper packs, my cardstock, chipboard and scrap paper container on them. As far as embellishments go, you can find so many good deals - like silk flowers that you can pull apart and use or glimmer mists them to the colors you want, old books , maps to cut up or use pictures from, beads from old jewelry pieces are great finds, ribbons, threads, paints and so much more, and maybe some nuts and bolts. Then there are those who choose not to scrapbook/craft anymore or just have to much and are getting rid of their supplies- Those are the great garage sales that I like to run into. So keep your eyes open and go to a few garage sales and get some really good deals....ones junk is someone else's treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment