CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 29

The Musician

 This is my DD at her recital in 8th grade back in 2001 and I'm doing a sketch from Sweet Peach blog under Liz Qualman. I really loved the sketch and thought I would give a try. I used the following on this layout. Red floral patterned paper with a reddish cardstock behind it, matted the photo in 3 cardstocks, some musical note paper and a red & white leaf paper that I chalked in green. I sewed a zig-zag stitch around border in black thread, cut musical notes from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge with black stickles glitter glue ,white roses, which I sprayed with glimmer mist in candy apple red attached with 3 red rhinestone brads and added a few touches of glitter glue and some silk green leaves and added a little white ribbon to each one. On the right side of matted photo I added 5 large gold brads to pull out the buttons on her band uniform. And the little area for journaling I used a 3-D gloss pen in black. I like how I tied everything together from the photo into this layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment