CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, June 21

Back Roads



I just love this picture of my son on my Uncles Triumph motorcycle taken about 10 years ago by my uncle.I have been saving this black and white photo to do a special layout and this week I thought the challenge "Behind Closed cupboard Doors" over at Practical Scrappers monthly bonus challenge would work out perfectly for what I did with this layout. Also over at Frosted Designs their challenge is to "recycle" items as embellishments so this layout qualifies for this challenge also. I found this paper a while ago in the boys section but don't remember the name brand. And I used brick colored cardstock, and black cardstock for the background. The items that I used that would qualify for in the cupboard are washers wrapped in wire, mesh, old black and silver earrings which are on the matted picture with wire between them, and a old key. Other products used were glitter paper in a brick color, misc polka-dot paper, vellum and vellum pen, white acrylic paint on top of the vellum, 2 tags that were inked in black or gold, and my Gypsy to weld the title and other words together. Cartridges used in this layout are 50 states, Plantin Schoolbook. My son and his great Uncle took a day long trip  on the backroads of upper Michigan on 4th of July weekend and had a great time. I wish I had gone on the trip sounds like it would of been fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment