CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 3

Welcome to Frugal Fridays #31

Well ,I'm back from my trip to Arkansas to visit with my mom over the Thanksgiving holiday and I had a very nice time (too short) and plan to go back down there this summer for a few weeks. I hope you all enjoy your holiday also. My tip for this week is to get out those cookie cutters and put them to use for projects other than baking.
I have a container filled with cookie cutters that I have collected or bought in the past and thought what else can I do with these-especially now around Christmas time since so many of the shapes are holiday related ( and I don't bake much). Of course, ornaments come to my mind first, which is so easy to do -just add some ribbon and cord and hang.  Too elaborate a little more you could use paper backgrounds and add embellishments and personalize each one for an ornament. Cookie cutters are also great tools when crafting they make great patterns to trace and then decorate with embellishments to add to a card or even a layout, or put  spray adhesive inside and add glitter, trace then on paper and make holiday gift tags- they are the perfect size for this. Use you imagination and these little cookie cutters could be a big hit with your family and friends during the holidays - and they're so easy to do. Well have fun creating this week- I will be very busy making all 100 of my Christmas cards-and I might just  use some cookie cutter ideas for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment