CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 8

Busy busy busy making all 100 of my Christmas cards.

This past weekend I spent the whole time in my craftroom making all my 100 Christmas cards- and I really glad how they all turned out- now I have to get busy and do all the addressing and getting them out in the mail by Friday.
I went shopping here in my town at the great -Hannah's (scrapbooking store) and found this lovely paper stack b DCWV  and had to have it. The colors just caught my eye blues, browns, golds, mint greens and greys- wonderful winter colors so I bought this and the matching cardstock pack to make all 100 of my cards with these papers for the cost of under $25.00 plus a few pennies for the ink and stickles I used., and I have a few scraps left.







I also used an idea I saw at Practical Scrappers a few weeks back on making origami Christmas trees- they turned out great- so I made 36 of these cards. ( I used some solid thinner papers instead of cardstock for the trees-otherwise they were kinda thick and hard to fold and probably would be hard to get them in an envelope for mailing).  I used several other tools like punches, cuttlebug and several folders, embossing and sanding techniques, button , ribbons, border punches, stamps, inks and seems like I put stickles wherever possible to give the cards some shine and glimmer for the holidays. I did not make all the cards the same- as you can see from the pictures- but I did use all the same papers and cardstock- I have quite a variety of patterns. When all cards were done I went to my computer and typed out a saying for the insides of the cards and did a mass print out and cut and applied to the inside of every card- so all I have to do now is address and send. Seems like alot of work, but the outcome is so much better and my family and friends look forward to my cards every year-so I wouldn't want to disappoint them.

No comments:

Post a Comment