CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 10

Welcome to Frugal Fridays #32

 Well I hope all of you are staying warm ,cause it sure is cold in this part of the woods (midwest, northern Illinois) and I spent all last weekend making Christmas cards and some ornaments. I was going thru my scrap pile the other day and was looking for Christmas papers to make these quick and easy ornaments. The supplies you'll need are the following:
Chipboard, patterned papers, adhesive of your choice, sanding block, ribbon, inks, brads, plain cardstock for tags, misc stamps-(opt) misc sm. punch (snowflake) and I cut the letters with my Cricut and cartridge (George Basic Shapes) which you could cut by hand if you wanted.
Basically, I just cut all kinds of letters out to represent one's first or last name(they are about 4 1/2") covered with paper and sanded the edges, then made my own bows with paper- attached a tag that is inked with a brad , then stamped a saying for the holidays and another plain smaller tag to write the year on or to whom your giving it to. Then make a hole punch in the top left corner of the letter attach a ribbon for hanging. These make great little gift tags that one can then use as an ornament.
There are so many options for decorating one of these simple letters up-ribbons , glitter, flowers, punches, emboss them- you name it- what ever you have around your craft room that you need to use up to embellish these cute little tag/ornaments- my family will enjoy them and will be a  great keepsake- I make an ornament every year with the date on it to give to my large family-of about 60. So I wanted something that is nice but, yet simple to make since I have so many of them to make and the number keeps getting larger. Well enjoy your weekend and be creative.

No comments:

Post a Comment