CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 6

welcome to Frugal Fridays #14

PAPER, PAPER and more PAPER
It starts off with buying just a few pieces of paper to do a project...then a few more...oh I really like that pattern...oh that's new and cute... and then you have a whole room full. At least that's how it kinda played out for me. Now I have so much paper it takes me forever just to pick out paper when I start a project. So I had to do something about this- ORGANIZE It. So I have 3 containers where I store individual pieces of patterned paper. The blue box on the left is catagorized into holidays, Christmas, letters/words, vellums, sports, school, baby, wedding and travel. I believe I got this cardboard box online thru Joann's for about $12.00 and it came with the hanging folders also. The Middle holder I also ordered online thru Hobby Lobby a few years ago for about $18.00 and it is an accordian folder a little more durable but not as big.It is great to use for scrapping retreats to bring all your papers in that you will be using, I put all my "special papers" in here (which is getting full) such as embossed, themes for my personal layouts (bowling, gambling,scrapping, & coca-cola) all my lazer cuts, and any papers I buy in sets that match. And the last container is the biggest and I can't remember where I got it (? Office Max) , but it was about $25.00 and very sturdy with metal rails and hanging folders. But I catagorize my papers by color in this one. For example red/ yellows--pink/purples--browns/oranges--blues---greens---black & white---and colorful---and my lazer cut border papers.
Then over in these storage/ shelves that I found at a garage sale for $5.00 each -I store all my cardstock 12 x 12 (laying flat) and 11 x 8 on their side( by color) and all my Paper Packs. On top (can't see in picture) I have all my rolls of vinyl and a huge pile of chipboard and on the bottom shelf all my special cardstock like Core-nations and acetate. Some people like to organize their papers by Company or Designer which I found hard to do-cause I buy a few of everything, especially when its on sale/coupon. 
Well I hope I gave you some ideas for storing paper-because it multiplies so quickly and can get out of hand. Enjoy your summer and happy scrappin!
Don't forget to leave me a comment on my Frugal Friday posts to be entered into the blog candy drawing on August 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment