CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 2

Flourishes and more Flourishes.

Hello there-I'm glad you came to visit my blog with my first project as a new Design Team member at Fabulous Fridays at Frosted Designs. I have been scrapbooking for about 3 years now and have done over 1000 pages- and only a handful of projects (scrapping)- so this stepping out of the box a bit for me...but it's a challenge and probably like you we like challenges, right?
     Well, this week the challenge is flourishes and that I have alot of in my project. Its a  book- but only two pages that open up with pockets on each side to put those little momentums in or a handful of pictures to keep with you on special occasions or trips.
 I used specialty papers from K&Company- 2 sided paper- and did some folding to make this from one sheet of 12 x12 paper. Added alot of flourishes by Inkadinkado stamps "sketchy flourishes" some stamped in black right on the main paper and the others on different color pattern papers and then cut them out.  Some silk flowers with rhinestones and sequions in the centers and of course my favorite bling- Stickles in black and diamond  for some extra bling. I cut the saying out from K&Company paper stack and inked all the edges in Studio G brown.
I then punched a hole in the top half (through both ) of the booklet and threaded some gross grain ribbon ( I burned the edges of ribbon a little- to stop any fraying.) Then you can tie the ribbon on the side or front to keep all your treasures in this little booklet for safe keeping.
 Well, I hope you enjoyed my first project and try this challenge out for yourself to enter for a great prize from our sponsor this week  Kaiser Craft- I just love their line in scrapbooking supplies.

1 comment:

  1. Debbie this is absolutely gorgeous!!! I know you have stepped out of your comfort zone, but you wouldn't know that by looking at your project! It's stunning!

    ReplyDelete