CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 22

Grid Challenge = I only have EYES for U

This was so much fun to work with this grid pattern- I will definately be doing this again! This is the challenge over at Scrap Our Stash for the month of September and I wasn't sure if I would be doing this challenge- but I'm sure glad I did. I was working on a layout with these fall colors - and I had alot of large scraps left over- so I decided to punch out the scalloped squares and see what I could come up with. Then I had to find a picture - which was a challenge with these colors and I found this photo of my son and his girlfriend being silly and thought this was appropriate and went from there to add the circle punches then the buttons- Then I came up with a title and everythig fell into place. So I sorta did things backwards than I'm use to doing. I usually start of with the photo first, then pick out the papers for color and then the sketch or design.
I used all DCWV- fall paper stack- scalloped square punch, circle punch and lots of white buttons. I hand drew the black border around the edge and the photo, made the banner with black cardstock and with white paint painted the letters for part of the title. With large chipboard letters I painted black with white dots and tied some yellow jute cord on and for the banner also. Also used pop dots for the flags for dimension and my handy Yes paste.

I also applied this layout as a DT for an example to use punches -which I used the scalloped square and sm 1 inch circle punch- lots of them. So be sure to go check out Frosted Designs new Fabulous Friday challenge out this week.

5 comments:

  1. I love your grid layout!!! Thank you for joining us this week at Frosted Designs for our punch challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing layout Debbie!! Great inspiration for our members!! Thanks for putting it up!!

    Jenny
    Frosted Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your punches!!! What a great way to use the square punch to create a grid! Very creative without overpowering your photo! I hope to see you create with us again at Frosted Designs! **Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun picture!! I love the grid layout!!
    I hope you can join us for the Link Up for Pink, starting October 1st...we have over $3K of giveaways!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun LO and a lovely way to use scraps :)

    ReplyDelete