CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 5

Banner for Bear -made with Love

                    Made with Love for my little BEAR- Barrett James born June 23rd, 2013
 Finished and hung in his new nursery this weekend - how adorable is this- and he just turned 1 week old when we put it up- now I did that quick!
First I decided in the papers for the Letters-which took me the longest time- why ? because I have so much paper I wanted to make sure I found the right colors and patterns for this project I had visioned in my head
Then I decided on the size of banners I wanted and cut the chipboard out

I was originally gonna put burlap on the chipboard and then the letters- but I didn't like how it was looking- it was all blending together and didn't care for it- so plans changed and I decided on the plain pearlized cardstock as the background- so I glued that onto the chipboard.
As you can see in the above pic- the letters didn't stand out against the burlap. I used pop dots and inked all the edges in several different colors of ink browns and greens and then doodled or drew faux stitching on all the letters and then found the cutest embossed Bear paper- did some fussy cutting and placed several bears around the letters- oh so cute- I amaze myself with some of my ideas...lol I then added a hand drawn border in brown ink/marker around the edges of the banner found some brown with green polka dot ribbon to tie on - and hung this adorable name banner in BEAR's nursery.....handmade with much love for my first grandchild!





No comments:

Post a Comment