CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 5

Welcome to Frugal Fridays #27

Wow-its November already! I have to get busy making my holiday cards and soon. And I'm not sure what I'm gonna do- so I guess I will be looking thru some of my books/magazines in my library to get some great ideas. Here are a few of the great books I keep handy for inspiration and great ideas for either card making or page layouts. I love to look thru magazines that I get monthly-and sometimes I look thru them again and again-and I mark the pages with colored tabs for a quick find.

 I keep all the current ones handy (in box on right) and then store in another area  the older ones, which I can't throw away so I put them in garage sales for $1.00. Other great books/magazines that are great for ideas are your Stampin Up/Close to my Heart/Angel Company and Kaiser Craft pamphlets that you can buy or get from your demonstrators or at craft shows for a discounted price. They are loaded with sketches, products, stamps and so many projects to see already made up. I have all of those to the left of my magazines.

 Then many years ago when I was making only cards- I found and bought these two wonderful books- Ultimate Card and Ultimate Word by Linda LaTourelle. They are filled with quotes, titles, poetry, words, expressions, sentiments and words and tips for both the card maker or for the scrapbooker. I often go to these books for ideas for Titles for my pages, but great if your like me and can't come up with ideas for sentiments and sayings for the inside of cards. You can find these at at your local bookstore for about $19.95 each.
Last year at about this time I was in Archiver's and they were running this special on a library filled with 12 books-one for each month filled with ideas for cards for every occasion- wonderful  & beautiful cards. So if you know me it was a sale -so I had to get it for a great price of $39.99 for the whole set. It's called Season's of Cards for every month by Scrapbook Trends magazine by Northridge Media publishing Co. I'm not sure if they come out with this set every year or if this was a one time deal-but I know I'll be looking thru these books in the next few days for ideas for my holiday cards. 
I thought I'd let ya know if your haven't already seen my post earlier this week I hit my goal of 365 scrapbook pages on October 31st- and I had my drawing for the Family Themed Blog Candy and the winner was Beatriz Guzman...so I will be coming out with some new blog candy in the near future. Well happy scrappin , enjoy and see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment