CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 9

Sketch Along Tuesdays #21

Keys to Sucess- is my D.T. take for the sketch over at Sketch Along Tuesdays at Frosted Designs designed by Karin Astacio. While this is being posted I am on a little vacation out in Las Vegas visitng my daughter (who is also in my layout this week) and doing a little bit of gambling -too! This is a picture of my daughter Cheryl back in 2005 dressed in her cap and gown for her High School Graduation- wow- time does fly by.
I wasn't sure what I was going to do with this sketch at first, so I found my papers that color coordinated with the school colors and went from there. All the papers used are from The Angel Company "Penelope set" which I just love all the rich -jewel toned colors here.
 
Other items used for this laout are: Tim Holtz distressing tool for the circle edges, Markers- white gel pen, silk flowers, Marvy and Fiskars  scalloped punches, handmade flourish swirls- painted on acetate with fabric paint, 1/2 flat pearls,  ribbon,  Karen Foster "graduate" and K&Company -keys- 3 of them.
As you can see up close I punched scalloped circles and stacked them together and scrunched them a bit and added a silk florist flower to the center of them in either maroon or white, you can see part of my hand drawn swirls or flourishes, which I did with fabric paint with a fine tip to write of make dots with. One of the keys- which I added to the center of the flowers- giving my page that magic number of three (keys) for the vision of a  traingle.
In the purple area I decided -after I had everything laid out and glued in place to write all the different words- because I had a hard time deciding on one for a title. So that's how I came up with  "Keys to Success" So I used my white gel marker to hand write all the different words in the circle area around photo.. I added 1/2 flat purple pearls to the circle edge and thought it turned out pretty good- I'm happy with this page for my scrapbook . It's not too often I do a page for myself, but this is a favorite- one of my kids on their special day/moment.
Here is the sketch we worked from and I would love to seem what you come up with this week, especially since the challenge last Friday at Frosted Designs was circles---you could combine the two challenges together...well what are you waiting for - go create a masterpiece to get in on the wonderful sponsor prize we have to offer you for an entry/layout towards this sketch by August 8th by 10 pm.

2 comments: