CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 6

Butterfly wall hanging-for myself!

Here is another project I did the other day --for MYSELF- which I don't do to often. But I saw this idea in a magazine awhile back and thought I can do that and I added it to my very long list. So when I ran across this new lovely papers by Bo-Bunny with these beautiful butterflies- I knew what I was going to do with this paper. So before I forgot or filed the papers away I just said- Lets do it now!!


 I used all Bo Bunny 2 sided papers, cut out the butterflies (Gabrielle) and attached with pop dots and added black Stickles to them. I stamped some swirls onto the greenish yellow patterned background paper in Memories Chestnut and inked all the edges in Dried Marigold by Tim Holtz and Celadon by Versa Mark inks.
 Then for a little more bling I glued on some very small rhinestones in white, teal and green to the flourishes in just a couple spots in each frame. I found these little black wooden 4 x 6 frames at the dollar store for $2.00 for a package of 2- so of course I bought several packages for that price, I knew they would be put to good use someday.
Then lastly, I connected the frames together by using some teal velvet ribbon that I stapled into the back of the frame in between each one and made two hangers on the top frame and woolah it was finished  Yeah a nice wall hanging for my home. And I just love butterflies- so I will enjoy seeing this hanging up every time I walk by it- where ever I decide  to put it.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful wall hanging!!! It's nice that you took a break from your scrapping and made something for yourself!!

    ReplyDelete