CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 10

Frosted Designs Fall Blog Hop LAYOUT

OMG..I had a blast doing this layout tonight after I read each of the Designers blogs at  Frosted Design Fall Blog Hop to get all the ingredients to participate in the challenge. There are 12 ingredients to choose 6 from to do a project and I choose to do a layout and I used all 12 ingredients in my layout-- WOW.
My project also has the Fall theme....pictures taken a few weeks ago of my fall decorated front yard, which I had fun painting on all the pumpkins, too!
 A list of the 12  ingredients and how I incorporated them into my layout:
1. Embossing: dry embossed the mats and the leaves with my Cuttlebug/folders
2. Buttons: 5 orange buttons with floss tied on and painted dots in black & white
3. Die-cuts: Used Straight from the Nest cartridge to cut out many fall leaves and embossed and inked
4. Stickles/ Glitter: I used both glitter paper / Stickles in orange on the pumpkins and leaves in bronze
5. Spray Mists: I used Tiger Lily and Oriental Poppy Tattered Angel Mists on the pumpkins with yellow cardstock
6. Alphabet Stickers: The title "My Fall Yard- Autumn Greetings &  There is a Chill in the Air"
7. Fall Leaves:  Die cut leaves that are embossed and inked in gold and bronze glitter-scattered on page
8. Stamping: I stamped the pumpkins with a rubber stamp in black ink and then cut out and pop dotted for a 3-D effect
9. Rhinestones/gems:  I used purple rhinestones for the center of my flowers
10. Flowers: I hand crocheted  six of the maroon flowers
11. Lace: I also hand crocheted the maroon lace on top half of page
12. Pumpkins: I stamped 3 pumpkins and cut out

Here are a few close-ups of the layout: I used all papers by DCWV-The Natural Stack- great for fall projects. I also inked the edges of all the papers in black or dark brown, scrapper's floss was tied on the buttons and the H O M E  letters on side of page and curled, I also painted a faux stitched border all around the 12 x 12 paper and then painted a thin white mat look on the pictures to make them pop a bit more. The little house and tree was from my stash of embellies that I never throw away anything you never know when you can use something. I completed this project tonight in under 3 hours- after I did the blog hop and got lots of inspiration from designers- it made my Friday night! 
    Thanks ladies for all wonderful ideas and the hop- also some of the designers have an additional surprise of goodies to enter to win- so be sure to go check them all out. Anita is one of them who has a wonderful pile of goodies to a lucky winner, - I would love to be picked for this!

8 comments:

  1. Fabulous page, Debbie - and way to go on using all 12 ingredients! I love your yard decorations, especially your painted pumpkins! Thanks for joining us on the Frosted Designs blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Debbie, your layout is fabulous! I'm so glad you were inspired by hopping through our blogs at Frosted Designs! I am amazed that you used all 12 ingredients - they came together beautifully! Your yard looks so lovely all decorated for fall and I love your fuzzy white doggy too! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty!!! I love the way you used the leaves and those crochet flowers are very pretty. Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous!!!! love all the details. esp the crocheted flowers!!! thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful page Debbie!!! Great job using all 12!!! Thanks for taking the time to hop around our blogs and play along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous page, Debbie! Not only did you use ALL of the ingredients from our recipe, you also hand crocheted the lace and flowers...can I just say "WOW"? You did an amazing job on your layout! Thank you so much for the inspiration and sharing your work of art with us over at the Frosted Designs Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all of the details in this layout--it's so well done! So glad that you were able to join us for our Fall Blog Hop at Frosted Designs :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie this is a great layout- I can't believe you got all 12 in there! What a feat. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and joining in the fun on the Frosted Designs Fall Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete