CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, April 12

Bridal Shower decorations..

   I just hosted (and the mother of the groom also) a bridal shower for my daughter a few weeks ago and here are some of the decorations I made- I really enjoyed making these for this special occasion, which we had the Tropical Theme- since they are getting married in Jamaica in a few weeks.
 The very large banner which I could not get in one picture-  I used K& Company papersin blue and greens for the triangle pattern ,then used Gypsy and Cricut for the alphas in white cardstock and the big palm leaves in green cardstock and inked for dimension. I cricut cut several flower shapes and inked edges then punch several smaller shapes to make 3-D flowers and attached to the middle of the larger pedals- then hole punched at the top of the banners and threaded thru twine and tied on some raffia in between each letter.
 I also took plain white lunch bags and decorated them with several punched flowers and palm leaves (cricut cuts) stamped a swirl journal tag and stamped made just for you in the middle. Each of the bags has 3 flowers and 2 leaves with journal spot in the middle. I then folded over the top hole punched and tied with different colors of raffia.

We filled these 50 goodie bags with some tropical life savers, hugs & kisses chocolate, 2 handmade appetizers pics (that I also made) peanut butter cookies with icing added to look like flip flops, and some mint scented foot soothing lotion and a tag I made to attached to to cookie bag as the thank-you- All the guests really appreciated all the work that went into these goodie bags, that was so planned out for this tropical theme we had for this celebration.
We also had colorful lanterns hanging from the ceiling and the head table had a big vase filled with blue water and a floating candle with blue glass beads spread all along the front of the table with some greenery on the corners. Each table of 12 had vases tied with rafia and floating candles as well and cocktail umbrellas scattered and I used my Cricut and cut out Hibicus shaped flower placemats in a variety of bright colors for every table setting which was really festive looking.(no picture of that -forgot-darn)
Well, I will be entering this banner over at Frosted Designs this week for their weekly challenge and I have more posts to come in the next few weeks with many other wedding related projects that I have been spending all my time on in the past few months. Be sure to check out the wonderful mini scrapbooks I made for the wedding guests arriving in Jamaica next week. post is scheduled for the 18th.

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job with the decorations Debbie! I'm sure it kept you busy for quite awhile! The banner is beautiful! Love what you did with the cookies!!! Very clever!! Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Now, I will be able to start with my sister’s bridal shower decoration. It is in an event space NYC because the house is under renovation but I am going to make this day the best one for her. I was also thinking about having a themed party and adding some fun games to it. Let me know if have any ideas for that too.

    ReplyDelete