CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 24

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone!!!

     Hope you all are enjoying this wonderful Thanksgiving Day...I am with my daughter and her fiance and his side of the family this year-due to the fact that I am going thru a rough time in my life- with my divorce, so its going to be a bit difficult to deal with the upcoming holidays....But, I know I will be with good company-- family and some new friends... so I am thankful for that this year, and knowing that my other 3 children (all in different states) are all healthy and doing well.
     So the other night, I thought what can I make to bring over to Thanksgiving get together that is creative-since I love to do this kinda stuff and I thought name cards would be simple and easy- so this is what I came up with and made 25 of them in about 3 hours.

 I went thru my fall stash of papers and embellishments and grabbed the fall colors of cardstock and used my Scor-pal and made the place cards first, then cut the papers to size and inked the edges and made little tags for the names and tied on some scrappers floss and curled it. The diamond shape embellishments were cut from a 12 x 12 special glitter patterned paper and attached with pop dots.
Inside I wrote on each one:  What are you thankful for this year? we will  fill/write it out before dinner and then during dinner we will go around the table and tell everyone what we have written. It will be a great conversion piece and a nice way to hear and talk to everyone at the table- all 23 of us - WOW- this might take awhile, but that will be the best part of it- so we can enjoy the great food that everyone has contributed to this great feast and wonderful day!
                             Thanks for stopping by and Happy Thanksgiving...

1 comment:

  1. I am new to your blog Debbie, but I wanted to say that I love these place cards and you made 25! We have that many at our table at my parents' house every year so I did not even attempt to make place cards, but I love that you did. And going around saying what you are thankful for makes it that much more special! I hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete