CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 14

Happy Birthday-DAD!!!--- 4 layouts

Wow- was I ever busy this weekend doing 4 pages for my kids scrapbooks using all the same pictures, but 4 different layouts and papers on them --I used the sketch over at  Sketchy Thursday to do one of the layouts for my sons scrapbook (who is in both of the top pics) . They (all my kids) were at their dad's house celebrating his 47th birthday a few years back and they took these few pictures and wanted me to scrap them. I have uploaded all 4 of the layouts in this post -  the first one I will be applying to Sketchy Thursday challenge this week.
     I used Tattered Angel Mists for the background on white textured cardstock and then went thru my stash and found strips of papers , then machine stitched the border in black thread added or stamped a few swirls . I hand stamped the title and the saying then cut them out and put on with pop dots. The saying is " You never know when your making a Memory."
 This next layout is for my oldest daughter's scrapbook (blue & grey sweater in center photo)  and I will be applying this over at The Paper Variety for the challenge this week "Family" All the papers used in the next three layouts are from the Recollections paper stack. I machine stitched around the inside border( blue and grey circle pattern) which matches the colors in my daughters sweater and stamped (Cloud 9) design all around the edge and some misc. leaves and saying inked with a light blue. Made my own journal tag and inked  all edges of mats with black. I like how I scattered the photos-and put them at different angles it gives the page some motion and fun like feeling- which is what my kids had- a great & fun time.
 The next layout is for my son who is in the yellow and brown striped shirt in the photo -so that is the reason I pulled these colors out for this layout. I used my Fiskars circle cutter for the 4 circles, brown inked edges and blue/teal ink for the mats, Stamps (variety) for the title -saying -leaves -hand cut out and attached with pop dots and some journaling on the circles. I like the color combo in this layout the best-which make the pictures really pop.
 And the last or 4th layout is for my other daughter who is in the top left photo - and I really didnt have a color to pull out from her clothing so I went with the pink - for her rosy cheeks....and browns. I matted all the photos with white cardstock (which make them stand out against the pinks and brown papers) and just inked the outside edge of the layout. Again, I used Papers from Recollections and all the same stamps- and did the journaling on the blue/teal striped paper. The "Dad" is not a stamp- I hand wrote them since I couldn't find a big stamp like I wanted.
I had a fun time doing these layouts this weekend and I'm glad you took the time to come and check them out. I know I have a silly madness to how I try to pull out colors and how I lay out my photos- so each child stands out in their layout- it also helps me to  remember which one goes in what scrapbook...if this makes any sense ---it works for me.

2 comments:

  1. Great pages! Love your use of colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are AWESOME!! I loveeeeeeee all the photos!! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete