CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 20

We've only just begun...

     I was at a weekend Scrapbooking retreat held by Scrap Cabana in St. Charles, Illinois last weekend and I did an amazing amount of layouts  62 of them WOW...and I  had so much fun- meeting new friends-scrapping and making memories..it was great and I'm going again on October (just in 3 1/2 weeks).Here is the layout that I won first place with- choosen by all the women at the scrap- such a honor and thrill to win this...
 I had wonderful pictures to worth with this time- my daughters second wedding/reception that was held here in Lake County Illinois on Memorial Day this past year- and her theme was  "Meant to Bee" chic/vintage/country and it was decorated beautifully. So it was very easy to find papers and embellies to finish this layout. The golden scalloped laser cut is by We R Memories, and the polka dot background is by Basic Grey- I inked alot of the edges and added some silk flowers and one big sunflower (like in her bouquet).
 I stamped on a few bees and beehive and used glitter sticker alpha's for the title. The flourishes I made myself -using tulip paint on acetate and then cutting them out after they were dry and placed on the layout.
 The leaves I cut out of green paper - embossed them with my Cuttlebug and then lightly sanded - and of course I used Stickles in the center of all the flowers . I really liked how this turned out and it seems like everyone else did too at the wonderful retreat last weekend.
    If any of you live in or nearby this area- you should check this retreat out- its amazing and such a great price- The next one in October will be held in Aurora- which is booked I heard, but she (Michelle) has retreats every month (total of 10 a year) go to  www.thescrapcabana.com   if you book with her mention my name- so I will get credit which will go towards my next retreat ...Thanks!!-  Happy scrappin!

1 comment: