CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, August 16

6 layouts in 1 project

    This project was  thought up at the last minute when I wanted to hang the doors off a curio cabinet on my walls, instead of using the typical picture frames for my family pictures. I took the 2 doors off an old curio cabinet, which I repainted and they're in my craft room (without the doors) and knew I could use the doors somehow and this is what I came up with.I hung them horizontally and left the door handles on                                      (heavy on the pics=7)
 I did 6 individual layouts-using all the same papers and embellies and gave each one a different look with subtitles. K&Company papers, butterfly punch by Martha Stewart, Cricut cuts for bird cage, titles, leaf, sprigs, misc embellies of flowers, tags, journal spots, and stickles. I did not permantely attached the photos- that way I can change them in the future- so, I just put a 5 x 7 white matted area for the picture to fit. I just purchased this paper Stack by K&Company and just love all the designs and colors-perfect for my decor in my home.
 Of course, I had to find a pic of Izzy she is family too!
 I wanted pictures of just my kids in these layouts - so I searched thru my computer and found a few special ones - this was taken in Jamaica when my 4 kids all arrived from all over the states for their sisters wedding this past April. They all grow up so fast!
 And of course their is Jenna- who we all love also....
 This was taken back in 2007 when we all went to Michigan for the fourth of July and we stopped at Daves Falls in Wisc.- something I used to do with them as kids and we haven't been able to get together in years so this was special.
 I don't like my picture taken I'm usually behind the camera- but I thought I should have one pic of me since I'm the head of the family so this was taken a few years back when I went to Las Vegas( i love to visit this place) so this was just perfect for this frame of  pictures.
And the last one is of the 4 again -Christmas 2007 the last time they were all together for that holiday. They just have so much fun when all together--" Birds of a feather stick Together" is the sub title for this page.

1 comment:

  1. Nice layouts. I love that you can hang them all together as art and then add them to your scrapbook later.

    ReplyDelete