CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 19

Family

I did a layout using the sketch from Frosted Designs- Sketch Along Tuesdays this week of a older portrait that my mother had and gave me a reprint of it. Its the only picture of my parents with 3 of their grandchildren back in 1990- before the birth of my 4th child/grandchild. So this is pretty precious to me and my mother since my father has since past away.
 With so many colors in this picture it was very difficult for me to choose papers- so I thought I would choose a Family words- for the background and some muted colored stripe paper, which I used a Martha Stewart border punch, stamped the Title family in black. I did some fussy cutting of the photo since I didn't care to have all the background showing.
I then added alot of handmade embellies to this layout which include the crocheted lace trim on the side, the doiley flowers with buttons attached and the Tulip Fabric paint for the hand drawn flourishes in brown.

2 comments:

  1. wow.... love it! and those crochet flowers and trim are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Debbie!!! I love your crochet flowers, they go perfect with your lovely layout!!

    ReplyDelete